Friday, July 22, 2011

WTF, Mate?

I had a big plan as to how to go about deleting my Facebook account. Recognizing myself as having an addiction, I thought I would go about it slowly. I would take a month to get all my pictures off and statuses I wanted to remember, as well as get some friend's contact info so we could all still keep in touch. My plan was to delete a friend or two a day as I got their info so I could have my account gone by September 1st.

I got as far as deleting two people before panic set in. My heart started racing and all kinds of thoughts went through me head about not wanting to do this. I kept telling myself that I wouldn't be able to update my statuses on how I was feeling and what about when I moved? How would I be able to keep in touch and show pictures and connect with the people I had left? Yeah, I could call people and stuff but that's just not the same. How did people even survive without Facebook? How were they able to communicate?!

Then I came to my senses. I was being crazy. No, I was thinking like an addict. My amount of time spent on Facebook had dramatically decreased and I was still panicked over the thought of losing it. This shouldn't be a big deal. This should be something simple and should be accomplished without much stress. Sadly, that's not the case. Even now I'm trying to calm down. WTF, mate? I mean, I was doing the deleting a friend or two at a time thing cuz I figured I might have some reaction to it but I never imagined this much of a reaction.

I don't think I even have much else to add on this post. I'm still surprised it affected me the way it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment