Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sweet Freedom

Well, I am now no longer a Facebook user! You have no idea how freeing this actually is!...unless you've done it, of course. At first, I found it surprisingly difficult to delete my account but, as time went on, it became almost fun. If you read my previous post you know I went about it by deleting friend by friend and sending them a message. By the third day, I was like 'whose gonna make it to the next round?! Not you, Mr. guy in my psychology class!" Once I got it down to eight people, I tagged them all in a goodbye status and once they replied I clicked on that deactivate key faster than this little girl can run!

AHHHHH!!!!!!!

Okay, perhaps that's not very fast. I'm pretty sure a snail with a body cramp could outdo her. *sigh* I don't think she even realizes she's running in direct line of the bear.
Alright, it was a bad example! But the picture was way funnier than the one running away from her boyfriend and it will get me way less phone calls from a worried DHF.

The scary part about deleting my profile though was the really creepy thing Facebook decided to do. When I clicked on the deactivate link, it sent me to a page where my remaining friend's random pictures (Facebook chose to show me the ones where I was in the pic with them) were enlarged and then put "So-and-so will miss you..." (it even had the "...") "Send them a message."

I was like.. 'uh, no Facebook. But how about you go chill with my Mom? You both can bond over guilt tripping me.'

In the end though, my Facebook is gone-which makes me happy- and I inspired people to do similar acts-which makes me happier. Several of my friends also deleted their accounts because they agreed with DHF and I's viewpoint and our doing something about it encouraged them to do the same and one friend is giving up those little clicky games. Whoot!

It's a good day ^_^

Alright, I'm heading off so I can hunt down my fingernail polish remover. I need to redo my Slytherin nail polish :P

1 comment:

  1. hey this is great now that i know you kept this we can stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete